Want to hear something crazy? The way you speak to yourself directly impacts the way your body looks and feels. And it’s not just about exercise and food. We become what we believe ourselves to be. We become the emotional weight we carry. And today I want to share a few ways that you can actually change your body with your words and thoughts. This is NOT crazy woo-woo stuff – it actually works!
1. Release the shame and guild you may be carrying. This, of course, is easier said than done, but if you want a strong, healthy body, it must be done.
2. Speak to yourself like you would speak to a best friend.
3. Develop strong connections with others who are like-minded and share similar values. Humans thrive on connection, but sadly, we are more disconnected than we've ever been.
4. Forgive those who've hurt you. Holding on to negative emotions shows up in our bodies in a variety of ways.
5. Ask for help. It's ok that you can't juggle it all alone. If being healthy in mind, body, and spirit is a priority for you, you're going to need people in your corner.
So – where to start? This is going to be different for everyone. For some, it may be reconnecting with an old friend. For others, it may be hiring a trainer or even a therapist. It may mean opening old wounds and having difficult conversations. But at the end of the day, releasing what’s weighing you down emotionally is key to being your physical best. Which action listed do you struggle the most with? Would love to know your thoughts on the subject.
Here’s to your best self!